Senior ServiceNow Developer
General Networks is a leading solutions development firm in the Los Angeles area. Our highly skilled technology consultants have been delivering enterprise content and data management, workflow and BPM solutions to large organizations, state and local government and SMB’s for more than 25 years. Existing practices include OpenText, SharePoint, Middleware and MarkLogic/Big Data and IT Managed Services. We are seeking an experienced Solutions Developer to join a growing ServiceNow practice, delivering solutions for on-demand IT Service Management for enterprise clients.
Our ideal Sr. Solutions Development Consultant will enjoy a customer-facing, yet highly technical role, engaging customers in a consultative capacity and providing specialized expertise in designing, developing and implementing ServiceNow based solutions. As a Senior Solutions Consultant with General Networks, you’ll have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the ITSM Practice, in a rapidly growing field.
What you can expect to do in this role:
- The Senior Solutions Consultant will participate in all aspects of software life cycle using Agile software development methodologies
- Configure and customize software, including: screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, custom scripting and third party software integrations.
- Work closely with IT and Business teams to develop and enhance ServiceNow capabilities.
- Develop technical requirements, designs, and solutions within the ServiceNow environment to include modifications of applications, forms, workflow, interfaces and any other customization required to support client processes.
- Implement ServiceNow customizations and facilitate rollouts of new applications, enhancements and new modules.
- Develop and execute test scripts and validate results to ensure that configuration/customization meeting process owner’s needs.
- Rollout new applications modules, workflows, and catalog requests.
- Provide advanced support for ServiceNow by troubleshooting a variety of difficult software problems, implementing bug fixes and performing root cause analysis.
- Integrate ServiceNow with other IT systems as requested
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Three or more years of experience designing and deploying solutions in demanding business environments; experience developing and implementing ITSM/ITIL processes and solutions preferred.
- Experience in Web technologies (Web Services, SOAP, XML, JSON, Ajax, HTML, CSS)
- Fundamental understanding of some of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS
- A talent for technical problem solving as well as creative design of business solutions.
- Effective communications with users and/or customers
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic high-technology environment.
Nice to have:
- BS in CS, EE, CIS or other technical discipline
- ITIL V2 or V3 Foundations Certification
- Experience supporting IT Service Management tool suites including BMC Remedy, CA, and ServiceNow
How to apply:
Please send resume to Cathy Ashbaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule a complimentary consultation with our team of specialists and information technologists.