Applications Support Consultant
Location: Orlando, FL or Burbank, CA
Salary: $50-$65,000 per year
General Networks is a leading solutions development firm in the Los Angeles area. Our highly skilled technology consultants have been delivering enterprise content and data management, workflow and BPM solutions to large organizations, state and local government and SMB’s for more than 25 years. Areas of expertise include OpenText, SharePoint, Middleware and MarkLogic/Big Data and IT Managed Services.
We are seeking an Applications Support Analyst to join our growing Professional Services team located in Orlando, Florida. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to support large installations, including servers and applications, as well as other software as assigned. You’ll have an opportunity to get your career on the fast track, by working with some of the latest products and technologies. You will also have the additional opportunity to use your technical skills to work on several in house integrations that we’ve developed. At the same time, you’ll join a highly collaborative team, where you’ll be mentored by Senior Support and Applications Development Consultants, in order to grow your skills. If you enjoy diversity, a challenge, an environment that rewards your hard work, and you have an interest in growing your career –this may be the opportunity you’ve been seeking. Let’s talk!
Some things you can expect to do as an Application Support Consultant:
1. Application Support:
- Support document management, records management, portals, collaboration, imaging, and workflow applications, including products from Adobe, Kofax, Microsoft, Open Text, and other vendors
- Identify and document user and system issues.
- Help users resolve application problems.
- Create database queries using SQL
- Produce organized and informative system documentation
- Assist in the maintenance of applications, including 24×7, high-availability systems.
2. Application Testing
- Conduct application testing, build test scripts, support client application testing, and collect and summarize test data.
- Enhance and debug application code
3. Project Coordination
- Create and maintain job schedules, job tracking, client communications, team communications, Web reports, and other documents that may be required.
- Coordinate project activities with client
4. System Documentation
- Produce organized and informative system documentation, including details of application configuration and installation and client infrastructure.
- Contribute to and maintain a knowledge base of previous support issues.
5. Application Training
- Create training curricula and documentation.
- Train users on applications.
Skills we seek:
- B.S. or B.A. degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ experience installing, configuring or supporting business applications with a track record of career growth and skill development.
- Experience querying and working with relational databases (particularly SQL)
- Competence with current Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Brainware – Perceptive’s Intelligent Data Capture solution is a plus
- Experience with some programming languages (such as .Net languages) or willingness/ability to learn a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to create organized and informative reports, as well as comprehensive, accurate documentation.
- A history of working independently of close supervision and a demonstrated capacity to manage time effectively.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to tight schedules.
- Comfortable working directly with end users.
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Excellent opportunities for advancement and leadership
- Competitive compensation package
- Employee ownership (ESOP)
- Benefits including medical, dental, 401K (match), vacation and sick pay
Schedule a complimentary consultation with our team of specialists and information technologists.